- All our fret and worry is caused by calculating without God.
- We must continually remind ourselves of the purpose of life. We are not destined to happiness, or to health, but to holiness.
- No love of the human heart is safe unless it has been satisfied by God first.
- Beware at looking back at what you once were, when God wants you to become someone you’ve never been.
- When a man is at his wits end it is not a cowardly thing to pray. It is the only way he can get in touch with reality.
- Worry is an indication that we think God cannot look after us.
- Prayer does not fit us for the great work – prayer is the great work.
- Pray with your eyes on God – not on the difficulties.
- When you are in the dark, listen, and God will give you a very precious message.
- If we are in love with our Lord, obedience does not cost us anything – it is a delight.
- Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the one who is leading.
- Have you been asking God what he is going to do? He will never tell you. God does not tell you what He is going to do. He reveals to you who He is.
- Let the past sleep, but let it sleep on the bosom of Christ, and go out into the irresistible future with Him.
- Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time.